Curiosity filled the FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s no such thing as a silly question. Here’s a list of un-silly things you will want or need to know. Have a read and if you have any other questions, feel free to drop us a line.
You get a full-fledged, professionally designed, mobile responsive, SEO optimized, WordPress driven, awesome looking website that you will be able to manage yourself, print on your business card and show off to your friends!
As much as we would love to give you everything, we simply cannot. The items that are not included for this price are:
- Domain names. If you don’t have one yet we can assist you in finding the right domain name and I can also recommend a good registrar for you to purchase it.
- Copywriting. If you would like us to write your copy, not a problem, we offer that as an extra service. See here for more details.
- Photography. Besides from the fact that we are probably in different countries, we cannot shoot your photos for you. We can, however, suggest some good stock photography websites for you to purchase legal (and sometimes free) photographs from.
- Full SEO. We only do front-end SEO, that is, making sure the basics like heading tags, alt tags on images, titles, etc are done. A thorough SEO service provider will work with you on a month to month basis for a long-term strategy. We don’t do that.
- Custom illustration of any kind. Although we do love custom illustrations, that would be beyond the scope of this service. There are other avenues you can go down for that.
- Stupidly long pages. If you have a One-page website where the sections are equal to about five regular web pages then that is fine. However, if you hand me five ridiculously long pages then we would have to come to another arrangement. We are happy to discuss your needs.
- 1000 design iterations! We ask you to trust us when it comes to design. During the brief you will be asked what kind of design you are looking for, what other websites you like, who your competitors are etc. We will then try our best to beat your competitors with a stunning and functional website that will get the job done; designed according to your brand and needs.
To put it simply, there is no real catch. It’s a matter of: Natural Ability + Experience + WordPress = Win!
Some other reasons why we can work so quickly:
- Because we don’t begin until you provide the content. Once you’ve got your copy and images etc. in order, we begin!
- Because WordPress, premium plugins and themes have made web design extremely simple these days.
- Because you are only dealing with me – there is no chain of command or approvals required.
You will absolutely get a quality design that will work and look great on all modern browsers, smartphones and tablets.
We are working on developing a complete package for new business owners which will include everything from logo design to website design, hosting and even collateral. You will be able to pick and choose the elements you need. If this is something that interests you in the meantime please send us an email and let’s discuss your needs.
You will need the following:
- Your logo, preferably in its original Adobe Illustrator format. A transparent PNG file could be useful too. If you don’t have a logo yet, we can design one for you. Please see here for more details.
- Copy / text to be used. Please make a Word document or a Google Docs document and add in the pages you want with the relevant copy you need. If you need someone to write your copy for you, we can do that too. See here.
- Images to be used. Please zip up the images you want and send them using WeTransfer, or send us a link to your Dropbox or other cloud folder. If you need help with images, we can do that too.
- Your host’s details. We will need your Control Panel access and FTP access. When you signed up for your hosting account they would have sent you an email with this information on it. If you can’t find it, please ask their support team.
- Domain name details. If you have a different domain name provider than your host provider, please allow us to access your account so we can do the necessary changes to point it to your host (* if you know how to do this then you can do it yourself if you wish).
Got all this already? Sweet. Go ahead and make an order here.
- Pick the website package you need
- Pay a deposit and fill out an easy design brief
- We will confirm and advise about your order
- We will build your awesome new website and share with you for your feedback and changes.
- Once the changes have been made and you are happy with the website we will ask for the final deposit.
- Once paid we will make your website live and send you instructions on how to use it.
Yes. For a mere $12 per month, we offer you the safety of regular security scans, tweaks and backups; theme and plugin updates on a weekly basis and monthly reports on everything that has happened to your website since the last report! Learn more about our maintenance plan here.
Be sure to add this option to your order for peace of mind.
If you need something more advanced like a booking or calendar system for your business, we use premium plugins which will be charged to you so that you have full access to them even after we part ways. These plugins are usually under $50 but we will communicate with you beforehand.
Like 90’s rock legends Smashing Pumpkins, we are using the word ‘smashing’ as in marvelous, splendid or impressive! Of course, to ‘smash’ something also means to do a thoroughly good job – to crush it. The 24 was appended to it just as a reminder of our original promise to deliver websites in under 24 hours. That has since changed but we still plan to smash out websites 24/7!